Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Two Weeks Notice

Hey guys!
    I'm officially two weeks away from moving to Philly. I've started the "packing" process... It's going to be long and tedious, especially since I HATE packing. I really wished I was rich so that I could just go with my wallet and my backpack... however, I'm poor so I have to actually pack stuff and probably repack a billion times before I get it right.
This move is different than my Spain move in that I'll be going for 2 years and I might even be away for longer than that... maybe up to 10 years or so.... jajaja saying that out loud makes me realize how long it could be... Packing for Spain was difficult also but I don't remember it being anything like what I've started. If you remember, from my previous blog "La Rubia y La Morena" Ally and I both did a GREAT job of packing... as shown here by the pictures.... jajaja. We both said that our second time to Spain we would pack lighter... but as you can see we managed to pack about everything we own... we were kicking ourselves when we had to carry the suitcases up and down stairs in the Madrid subway station. Unfortunately my plan of a strong, good looking gentlemen would stop and assist us didn't quite work out... I mean, yeah I can lift my own bags and stuff... but it'd be soooooooo much better if some hot guy would just offer to do it for me... :) A girl can dream right?
    Anyways, Phase 1 of the process has begun with cleaning and organizing.... those that know me know that I'm not a fan of cleaning or organizing.... but when you have sooo much time like me I guess there's nothing else to do. My room usually looks like a tornadoe had just passed by, and my mom is always saying something, however a clean room isn't really my style, I just feel as if I can't find anything in a nicely organized room....
     Against everything that I know, I've forced myself to spend the last few days cleaning my room and going through all my old stuff and tossing anything out I don't need. I've realized that I like to collect things... Whenever I clean I always find old letters and cards from years ago, it's nice to sit down and read them, it takes you down memory lane a little. I've managed to organize all my papers and stuff in my room, I'm quite proud of how organized the papers look, they're actually labeled and filed. I've also managed to narrow down my shoe collection to 31 pairs that may come with me to Philly. I'm sure I'll have to pair them down, but for right now this is what I have. It's soooo hard, i want to bring them all but if I do then I won't have any clothes to wear. I know that when I get there I will definitely buy more shoes, so I guess leaving a few behind won't be that bad. If I could I would just bring all the shoes and forget clothes... who needs clothes right?????
    Either way, I'm very proud of myself, I've been pretty on top of things with this whole packing process. Normally I wait til' the night before to pack, and then just randomly throw things into my bag. However, I've decided to show my mom that I've grown up and am more organized by starting early. I've even made piles of things I'm thinking about bringing. I have managed to put together 4 bags of things that I want to bring, but that is not including tons of stuff.... so the hard part will come when I have to start putting things into the suitcases. I have to mention I hate how you have to pay to check a bag... if I didn't have to worry about having to pay so much for a bag, I would just bring everything, and then I wouldn't have to go through the process of sorting and packing and repacking.... grrrr!!!!
   But yeah, besides that nothing exciting in the journey... still need to find a place to live but I guess I'll have to wait til' I get to Philly to start looking... I don't know how I feel about that, but I really don't have any options... at least my Mommy will be with me :)
    Next time you hear from me hopefully I'll be further along on the process. I can't believe in 14 days I'll be on the other side of the country.... soooooooo excited!!!!

Besitos,
  ngoc :)

No comments:

Post a Comment